NEWS ALERT: AR-RAZZAQ FOOD BANK ANNOUNCEMENT
Please be advised that Ar-Razzaq Food Bank makes big changes in our policy about Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Udhiyah/Qurban:-
1) We can no longer accept drop offs of meats from donors who perform the sacrifice or slaughter of livestock themselves outside from having it taken care of by local licensed zabihah/halal meat grocer/butcher that gets meat supplies from registered slaughterhouse/stockyard
2) The purpose is to stop contaminated meats from entering our premises, which cannot be distributed when spoilt due to improper handling or bagging or transporting of fresh meats
3) We also want to strictly observe that good cuts of meat, from quality animals bred in full observance of animal care per Sunnah, and properly cleaned/processed are given to our recipients
4) Ar-Razzaq Food Bank must observe county health codes for food handling, hence, minimizing risks and liabilities as a nonprofit food bank
5) May we suggest that donors order their Udhiyah/Qurban directly from any local zabiha/halal meat grocer (see #6 below); and instruct the butcher to save 1/3 portion of goat or lamb or beef entrusted to Ar-Razzaq Food Bank?
And may we suggest the meats be bagged in 3lbs to 5lbs in clear bags and sealed tightly, keeping the meats frozen until our driver can come by on a later date?
6) May we suggest grocers closer to where you live as your go-to Udhiyah/Qurban:-
a) Zeeshan Mart in Natomas
b) East West Mart on 44th St in Sacramento
c) Quality Meat Mart in Folsom
d) Kabul Bazaar & Meat Market in Folsom
e) Red Sea Food Mart 65th St in Sacramento
If you choose step (6), then, please do ask the vendor to contact Ar-Razzaq Food Bank at 916-488-8110 leaving us a message that donated Udhiyah/Qurban meats are available for our pick up.
The stores (a) through (e) are within the doable driving distance for Ar-Razzaq Food Bank to pick up your 1/3 inshallah. We cannot afford to go beyond the above parameters otherwise.
7) May we suggest that the individual DIY donors find another solution themselves if they choose to perform the sacrifice without the input of halal meat grocers as we are not in the position to recommend where they can distribute their meats?
We thank you for your understanding. Indeed we appreciate your kindness and compassion for the poor, and we trust Allah Taala sends barakah to those who do good deeds. Amin.
We make dua’a that your niyah to provide 1/3 share of Udhiyah/Qurban, which you performed with your own two hands with good intentions and good faith, may be shared with whom you care. Amin. Ya Rabb